Panthera - Straffan Forge/Hatcher Collaboration Auction
This is a collaboration project that I made with my friend Branwell McClory of Straffan Forge. I sent Branwell a few concept drawings, from which he chose one to forge in his incredible high-count/low-count twist damascus. He then sent the knife to me for grinding, heat-treating, and finishing. The koa is from another good friend, Pete of Petes Koa Customs.
- .210"/5.5mm 1080/15N20 damascus steel by Straffan Forge
- 19"/483mm OAL
- 13.25"/337mm blade
- Shallow hollow blended to convex, distal taper, double edged
- Tapered tang
- Etched finish
- Stabilized koa scales, natural paper micarta liners, and copper corby bolts/pin/lanyard tube
- Photos and videos below, including the quenching of the knife
- Auction ends Friday February 24th at 5PM Central Time with a 5-minute anti-sniping rule.
- Minimum $50 bid increase please.
- Sheath options - I can make a kydex sheath or I can send the piece to Paul Long for his world-class leather. The kydex WILL leave marks on the blade - and I honestly think this knife deserves Paul's leather. Paul offers an amazing variety of styles and materials to fit your budget/needs.
- I will ship international, but the buyer will be responsible for additional shipping fees (usually around $60-80US) and will assume all risk of damage/loss.
- Please email your bid amount and full name to email@example.com
Current high bid: $1550 - Auction has ended. Thank you!
Video of the quench: